The Report Editor feature allows you to review and modify a Report before it is published on the web platform and shared with the stakeholders involved in the inspection.
- This feature will only be visible if your organization has it enabled upon request.
- The Report Editor can only be used for Reports with a Pending status.
- If your organization has the Report Editor enabled, you have the option to make a Pending Report visible to other stakeholders. This will show up with the Submitted Pending Approval tag.
- An In-Progress Report with the Submitted Pending Approval tag can be viewed by other stakeholders involved in the Inspection, but any information contained is subject to change until the report is approved. Click here to learn how to approve a Report.
Follow the steps below to learn how to use the Report Editor:
Step 1: From your Dashboard, hover over Inspections and then click on Inspections.
Step 2: Click on the Inspection ID to find the Report for that Inspection (you can use the filters at the top of the table or enter the Report Name in the search box).
Step 3: Click on 'View Report' from the Inspection Details page.
Step 4: On the Report page, click on Edit Report.
Step 5: Click on a section on the Inspection Details list on the left to edit a specific section.
Step 6: Now, you can edit defects:
- Click on Add New Defect to add a defect to the defect list
- Click on the pencil icon to edit a defect
- Click on the trash icon to delete a defect
- On the Edit Defect pop-up, you can search for and change the Defect Name and Defect Category
- You can also edit the Item, Style, Color, Size, and toggle whether the defect is counted for AQL
- To remove a photo, click on the X button on the upper right corner of the thumbnail
- Click on Upload Pictures to add a photo of the defect
- You also have the option to edit any comments made by the inspector
Please note: Defective Units will show up differently. Use the dropdown to select the unit you want to add/edit the defect for. Click here to learn more about the Defective Unit feature.
- Click Update once you are done with the changes.
Step 7: Now, you can edit answers to questions:
- Click on the pencil icon next to a question.
- Use the buttons to change the answer to the question (YES, NO, N/A) and use the text field to edit the Description.
- Click on Upload Pictures to add photos.
- Click on Update once you are done with the edits.
Step 8: Once you are done with your edits, click on Save.
Step 9: Click Yes in the confirmation pop-up to finish.
Once the report is approved, the Report Status will change from Pending to Completed, and will automatically be shared with all stakeholders involved in the Inspection.
Have more questions?
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR simply click on the 'Live Chat' button in the bottom right corner of your screen.