Once the Inspection Creator (typically a Supplier/Vendor, or Factory) has filled out and submitted the CAPA, the Reviewer (in most cases, you as the Retailer/Inspection Receiver) will have to decide if you are satisfied with the root cause, corrective action, and preventive action the Inspection Creator has provided.
Follow the steps below to learn how to take action on the CAPA as a Reviewer:
Step 1: From your Dashboard, hover over Inspections. Then, click on Inspections.
Step 2: Click on the Inspection ID to find the CAPA for that Inspection (you can use the filters at the top of the table or enter the Report Name in the search box).
Step 3: Click on 'View CAPA'.
Step 4: You can now choose an action to take on the CAPA.
- Approve: This means you are satisfied with the root cause, corrective action, and preventative action provided. When you accept a CAPA you are accepting the inspected goods despite any non-conformities. This action locks the CAPA and no further actions can be taken.
- Re-Inspect: In this case, the Receiver (Supplier or Factory) must provide a new inspection date and shipment window. After they submit these details the Sight platform will automatically create a new inspection Booking for the Re-Inspection. This action locks the CAPA and no further actions can be taken.
- Reject: This means you are unsatisfied with the root causes, corrective actions, and preventive actions provided by the Receiver (Supplier or Factory). This action locks the CAPA and no further actions can be taken.
- Submit for Approval: This means you submit the CAPA for the approval of a third-stakeholder within this inspection (for example, if you are a third-party inspector and need to send the CAPA to the Brand/Retailer for approval).
- Reminder allows you to send a notification to remind the Supplier or Factory to fill in and submit the CAPA if the CAPA Status is still Waiting for Response. This action does not lock the CAPA.
- Call for Action will send a notification to the Supplier or Factory to take further action on a CAPA For example, you may want them to provide further details or files in relation to some of the non-conformities. You can use the comment sections provided to communicate about these details with your Business Partners. This action does not lock the CAPA.
Have more questions?
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR simply click on the 'Live Chat' button in the bottom right corner of your screen.