The Defect Summary page lets you continuously identify opportunities for improvement within your quality processes, focusing on the overall defect trend and defect distribution by inspection type.
Having visibility into Defect Analytics enables quality managers to explore the relationship between fail rate and defective rate while providing a summary of top defects by count or defective rate across factories, offices, or product lines.
Please note: These analytics features are only available for Enterprise subscription plans.
Watch the video below to learn more about the Defect Summary page!
Review Defect Trend by Inspection Section
Now you can review the Defect Trend by inspection section! Identify and analyze the sections of an inspection with the most defects, create targeted plans for improvement, and decrease your defective rate over time.
To review Defect Trend by inspection section:
1. Click on the dropdown menu next to the option to 'View By Inspection Section' on Defect Trend.
2. Select the section of the inspection you want to review, and the Defect Trend chart will update to show you defect data for that section.
Measurement and Moisture Check Sections
Measurement & Moisture check sections are now available on the Defect Summary page!
To access these sections, simply:
- Click on the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the Top Defects section
- Select 'Measurement' or 'Moisture Check'
These new sections will provide you with the same in-depth analysis of Top Defects, filterable by defect classification and defect category.
New 'Distance to AQL' section
Our newest enhancement to the Defect Summary page provides you with the means to classify Pass and Fail inspections based on the difference between the number of defects found and the accepted number of defects according to your AQL level.
This enables you to quickly identify any inspections that are passing or failing by a small margin (which can be a particularly useful feature for comparing results between self-assessments conducted by Vendors or Factories and your own In-line or FRI inspections).
- This feature is available to Enterprise clients, by request only.
1. To access this section, simply scroll down the Defect Summary page:
2. In the 'Distance to AQL' section you will find 3 charts, one each to illustrate Critical, Major, and Minor defects found.
3. Each Bar chart shows the statistical difference between the defects found and the AQL standard:
The Y-axis indicates the difference between Defect founds and the Accepted Defects by the AQL level (“Defect Distance to AQL”).
Failed inspections are displayed by the Red bars. The numbers along the top half of the Y-axis indicate the number of defects found that exceeded the acceptable level.
- Passed inspections are displayed by the Blue bars. The numbers along the bottom half of the Y-axis indicate how many defects below the acceptable level were the total number of defects found during these inspections. (In other words, how many defects shy of failing).
The X-axis displays the number of inspections. The length of each bar indicates the number of inspections in which a particular number of defects was found. (E.g. How many inspections failed because the number of defects exceeded the AQL by 1, 2, 3 or more defects).
4. Use this drop-down menu at the top of the section to filter this information by a specific AQL table or Sample Size.
How to export to PDF
Want to export the insights available on the Defect Summary page to a PDF? Simply click on the download button in the top right corner of the screen!
Have more questions?
Our team is happy to help you with any questions or concerns.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com
OR simply click on the 'Live Chat' button in the bottom right corner of your screen.