You can create a PPM (Pre-Production Meeting) Questionnaire and link it to an Inspection Form to collect information from your factories or vendors before conducting an inspection. Your PPM Questionnaire also appears on the Inspection Workflow, where the inspectors can verify the PPM answers given by the factories or vendors while conducting an inspection at a facility.
PPM Questionnaires help you identify the capabilities and readiness of a facility before conducting an inspection. You can configure PPM Questionnaires to be completed by a factory or vendor when they send an inspection to you, and you can configure PPM Questionnaires to be completed by the inspector once they arrive at the facility. In this case, the inspector usually verifies the PPM self-assessment answers as part of the inspection, and the PPM Questionnaire is available on the mobile device.
PPM Questionnaires help you gain a complete understanding of your business partners' profiles, define specific action plans, and ensure the quality of your products.
Please note: Questionnaire configuration is only available for Enterprise users.
How does it work?
- As an Inspection Receiver, you have to create an Inspection Form with a Questionnaire for factories or vendors to complete.
- As an Inspection Creator, you have to complete the Questionnaire as a self-assessment of your capabilities and potential risks on the web platform, when you fill out the Inspection Form.
- When an Inspector arrives at the establishment, the answers to the Questionnaire will be available on the mobile device for a verification assessment.
This article will teach you how to configure a PPM Questionnaire on the Inspectorio Sight web platform:
Step 1: Click on Configuration, then click on Questionnaires.
Step 2: Click on Add New Questionnaire to create a new questionnaire. (You can also click on the name of an existing Questionnaire to edit that questionnaire).
Step 3: Enter the Questionnaire Name or Description (optional), and then click on Create.
Step 4: Enter a title for the first section of the Questionnaire.
Step 5: Click on Add new question to add questions to this section of the Questionnaire.
Step 6: Enter your question in the text box.
Step 7: Click on the Required toggle if you want this question to be mandatory in the Questionnaire.
(If you do not click on the Required toggle, the person completing the Questionnaire can leave this question blank and still submit the Questionnaire).
Step 8: Configure the Self-Assessment section and the Verification section for this question.
- Self-Assessment: The question is answered by the Inspection Creator (e.g. factory or vendor) when they fill out the Inspection Form.
- Verification: The question is answered by the Assigned Inspector once they start the inspection at the facility. The Inspector can see the Self-Assessment answer on their mobile device, and they need to answer the Verification question as part of the Inspection Workflow.
- You need to configure both of these sections for every question.
Step 9: Select the type of answer you want for the question.
On Self-Assessment, you can choose between 'Custom Response,' 'Upload File,' or 'Freetext Answer.'
On Verification, you can choose between 'Accept - Partially Accept - Not Accept,' 'Complete - Incomplete,' 'Custom Response,' 'Freetext Answer.'
A Custom Response allows you to configure multiple-choice answers for the question.
1. If you select Custom Response, a pop-up window will show up on your screen. Click on Add.
2. Select whether you want the answer to be Multiple Selection (select more than one option when answering the question), or Single Selection (select only one option when answering the question).
3. Click on Add Option to add all the options the person completing the Questionnaire can select from.
4. Click on Save after you are done adding all the options.
5. Select the Custom Response you created to add it to your Questionnaire. Or, click on Add to create a new custom response.
Step 10: Select a follow-up action, if applicable. For example, if you select Comment, the person completing the Questionnaire will have to leave a comment before moving on with the Questionnaire.
Please note: You may see different follow-up options for different questions, depending on the answer type you selected and depending on if it is the Self-Assessment or the Verification section of the Questionnaire.
On the Verification section, you can:
- Select Fail Response if you want the verification question to be counted as failed, depending on the answer provided.
- Select Follow up CAPA if you want this question to be included in the CAPA, depending on the answer provided.
Step 11: Click on Add Section to add another section to this Questionnaire. Or, click on Add new question to add a new question to the Questionnaire.
Step 12: Once you are done setting up your Questionnaire, click on Save Questionnaire.
Your Questionnaire will save on the platform. Now, you have to add the Questionnaire to an Inspection Form.
Have more questions?
Our team is happy to help you with any questions or concerns.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR simply click on the 'Live Chat' button in the bottom right corner of your screen.