A Role determines what a user has access to and what actions they can take. Each user can be put in a role that matches their responsibilities, as defined by your organization.
- Only the Account Owner or an Administrator can change other user’s roles.
- This article will give you a general overview of the different Roles and Permissions users have on the platform, but not an exhaustive list. Click here to learn how to check permissions for each Role.
Inspectorio Sight offers four different user Roles:
- Account owner
- Users with this role have access to all functions within the account (including organization management and user management) and all information within your organization
- Users with this role are also responsible for completing your Inspectorio Subscription Agreement, and making decisions related to renewing and/or upgrading your organization’s subscription in the future
- Users with this Role have access to all functions within the account (including organization management and user management) and all information within the organization, or sub-organization(s) in which they are a user
- This individual is usually responsible for inviting your business partners on Inspectorio to connect and collaborate with your organization, inviting and maintaining all users in your organization, and reviewing and updating your organization’s details
- Users with this Role have access to all functions on the web platform related to conducting your inspections (e.g. Purchase orders, bookings, reports, C.A.P.A.).
- Users with this Role do NOT have access to organization management, or user management.
- This role has unique access to the Inspectorio Sight mobile platform (to conduct inspection Assignments) and certain web platform pages such as Reports, C.A.P.A. & Analytics.
How to check User Roles and Permissions
Step 1: Hover over Administration, then click on Roles.
Step 2: You will see Roles defined for users in your organization with the corresponding Permissions. You can use the searchbar or filters to find a specific role.
How to edit User Roles
Step 1: Hover over Administration, then click on Users.
Step 2: You will see all users in your organization listed in the User Management page. You can view roles per user in the Roles column.
Step 3: To edit a user's role, click on the User Name.
Step 4: You will see the user's information. To edit the user's role/profile, click on Edit.
Step 5: Use the toggles to select the Roles that will apply to the user.
Step 6: Once done, click on Save.
The user's role and profile will be updated!