The Sample Selection Overview walks you through picking the correct number of cartons and samples. You get a summary of all cartons and samples that need to be pulled along with a breakdown by SKU.
You can also view the Sample Selection breakdown by Packing type.
You can also modify each SKU by changing the available quantity, or number of cartons, or deleting it entirely. It is important to review your SKU's so you can confirm, update, or delete items to confirm the information gathered in the inspection is accurate, and depending on any specific situations with the factory at the time of inspection.
Editing an SKU
Step 1: Tap on the packing type or the action arrow button.
Step 2: You can then review each SKU.
- Use the checkmark icon to confirm that you have already selected the required pull sample.
- The pencil icon lets you edit the quantity for the SKU.
- The trash bin icon will let you delete the Item ID.
Step 3: Click on the back arrow to return to the Sample Selection overview.
Step 4: After editing SKU's, REMEMBER to click Update.
Step 5: Click Yes in the confirmation message. The mobile platform will recalculate the samples required for the inspection.
Determining Sample Size
Depending on your organization, the Sample Size for Carton Check, Packaging/Workmanship and Measurement can be determined in different ways.
Step 1: Click on Determine Sample Size to choose how the sample size is determined.
Step 2: If your organization provides an AQL, the mobile platform will automatically show AQL Standard. Click OK.
NOTE: In some cases, you may have the option to decide whether you Determine Sample Size by:
- by User-Determined value: You can decide how many samples will need to be inspected in total.
- by Item: This lets you manually enter a number of samples to pull for each item.
- by Samples per color per style: You can set the number of pull samples per color in each style.
- by Samples per size per style. You can set the number of pull samples per size in each style.
Step 3: Once you've reviewed or made any changes to Sample Size Determination, REMEMBER to click Update.
Step 4: Click Yes to confirm updating the Sample Size. The mobile platform will recalculate the samples required for the inspection based on your Sample Size Determination.
Step 5: Click on Next Step to complete the Sample Selection step.
Click Confirm to move on to the Workmanship section, where you can begin inspecting your samples and adding any defects found!